Monday 19 November 2012

Pile Of Books

Recently, I have just gotten some books that I have been wanting to read for a while now. I was so excited to receive these that I thought I would make a post about it. I apologize for these summaries being quite vague as I have not started reading these books yet.

"What if you only had one day to live?
What would you do? Who would you kiss?
And how far would you go to save your own life?"

The book Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver is about Samantha Kingston, a teenager who relives her last day on Earth for a whole week.
This book scrutinizes the capability we have that could potentially affect the people surrounding us. 




"He began his new life standing up, surrounded by cold darkness and stale, dusty air."

The Maze Runner by James Dashner is about a boy named Thomas who gets his memory erased and wakes up in an elevator.
When he wakes up he is welcomed to the Glade, a large expanse which is enclosed by stone walls. None of the Gladers know how they got to the Glade, all they know is that every morning, the stone doors open to a maze that surrounds them.



"A world where everyone's ugly. 
And then they're not."

Tally lives in a society where at the age of sixteen, you will have an operation that will turn you from a repellent "ugly" into a stunningly attractive "pretty".
Tally's friend Shay is not so sure that she wants to become a pretty, which leads to her running away. The authorities of the pretty world give her a choice: to find her friend and turn her in, or never have the ability to turn pretty at all.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting. I love having a new pile of books to crawl through. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete